Thursday, January 03, 2013

Life an Adventure...

The year is now 2013. I have no idea what God has in store for me this year. I do know this however: this year will be unlike last year, or the year before. I think my word for the year is Adventure. I know that is the main theme of my life it seems, but this year more than others before. Here are a couple of reasons why. First, I have gone back to school. Grad School work is difficult and challenges me to think on a different level, from different angles, about different subjects than I would usually think of or study on my own. This is good: but it's hard. Secondly, I will be climbing a mountain (literally) that I have never been on before, with a group that I have never met, during a time of year that most would shy away. And I have to find time to train. This is good: but it's hard. Thirdly, my kids are growing up and changing right before my eyes. Claire is already reading (in Kindergarden) and Eliam is right behind her. Sometimes I'm thankful they are growing up, other times I want them to slow down. This is good: but it's hard. Finally, church life is unlike I have ever seen it before. People are unsettled, there is a desire for something different, something more. Change is tough. Discipleship is tough. This is good: but it's hard. Maybe my theme should be life is good, but it's hard... What part of life is good for you? What do you see as your upcoming challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The summer of recovery and difficulty

The last year and a half have been in a word; hard. The pandemic has left us disconnected, grieving, uneasy, fractured, and wondering what i...